Grilled Steak Tacos with Poblano-Mango Salsa
Total recipe time: 50 to 55 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless beef Top Sirloin steak, cut 3/4-inch thick
- 2 medium poblano peppers
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium mango, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 small corn tortillas (6 to 7-inch diameter)
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, lime wedges (optional)
- Place peppers and onion slices on grid over medium, ash-covered coals (over medium heat on preheated gas grill). Grill, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until onion is tender and pepper skins are blackened, turning occasionally. Place peppers in food-safe plastic bag; close bag. Set peppers and onion aside.
- Meanwhile combine garlic and cumin; press evenly onto beef steaks. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7 to 11 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 8 to 13 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Remove; keep warm.
- Remove and discard skins, stems and seeds from peppers when cool enough to handle. Chop peppers and onion. Combine chopped vegetables, mango, chopped cilantro, lime juice and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place tortillas on grid. Grill, uncovered, 30 seconds on each side or until heated through and lightly browned.
- Carve steaks into slices. Season with additional salt, as desired. Top tortillas with equal amounts of beef and mango salsa. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Nutrition information per serving, using Top Sirloin steak: 331 calories; 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat); 49 mg cholesterol; 229 mg sodium; 39 g carbohydrate; 5.2 g fiber; 3 g protein; 8.8 mg niacin; 0.9 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg vitamin B12; 2.9 mg iron; 34.4 mcg selenium; 5.7 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron.
Nutrition information per serving, using Ranch steak: 336 calories; 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 65 mg cholesterol; 231 mg sodium; 4 g carbohydrate; 6.7 g fiber; 27 g protein; 6.3 mg niacin; 0.9 mg vitamin B6; 4.2 mcg vitamin B12; 3.6 mg iron; 39.3 mcg selenium; 6.9 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.