Total recipe time: 10 minutes
Makes about 1/2 cup, enough for 1 pound of beef
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in small bowl; stir until sugar is dissolved. Place beef steak(s) and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak(s) to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours for tender steaks; 6 hours or as long as overnight for less tender steaks, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak(s) from bag; discard marinade. Place steak(s) on grid over medium, ash-covered coals or over medium heat on preheated gas grill. Grill according to the chart for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Visit our Marinades page for more information.
Nutritional Information Per Serving