Kofta is a meatball or meatloaf consisting of minced or ground meat—usually beef or lamb—mixed with spices and/or onions. A popular dish in Mediterranean countries.
- Total Recipe Time: 25 minutes
- Makes 4 servings.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint leaves
- Serve koftas on warmed pita bread with rice, hummus and prepared tzatziki sauce as desired