T-Bone Steaks with Parmesan-Grilled Vegetables
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total recipe time: 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 2 beef T-bone or Porterhouse steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 medium red or yellow bell peppers, quartered
- 1 large red onion, sliced (1/2-inch)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Combine seasoning ingredients. Remove 4 teaspoons; press onto beef steaks. Add cheese, oil and vinegar to remaining seasoning; mix well.
- Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange vegetables around steaks. Grill steaks,covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 15 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill bell peppers 12 to 15 minutes and onion 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, turning once. Brush vegetables with cheese mixture during last 10 minutes.
- Carve steaks. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with vegetables.
Nutritional Information Per Serving